Following the latest update in guidance from our governing bodies, the BVA and the RCVS we wanted to update you on our current service provision.
Current opening hours are: –
Ripon: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 6.00pm, Sat 9.00am – 4.00pm, Sun 10.00am – 3.00pm
Northallerton: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 6.00pm, Sat 9.00am – 12.30pm
Easingwold: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 6.00pm, Sat 8.30am – 12.30pm
Pateley Bridge: Mon – Fri 9.00am – 6.00pm, Sat 9.00am – 12.30pm
Reminder of services available – currently we are able to provide appointments for the following: –
- 1st & 2nd vaccinations for puppies and kittens
- Cat and dog booster vaccinations – if your cat or dog needs to restart their course there will be no extra charge
- Kennel cough vaccinations – please click on the link for important information regarding the KC vaccination. OWNER INFORMATION KENNEL COUGH VACCINATION
- Rabbit vaccinations
- Cat Neutering
Other problems, such as lumps, skin disease, lameness, dental problems, may need assessing by remote consultation initially, but you can rest assured we will give them whatever treatment they need once that assessment is done.
Booking an appointment – please continue to book appointments either by sending an email to email@example.com or via our new PetsApp rather than calling as our phone lines are exceptionally busy.
Consultations – how do they work within social distancing restrictions?
When you call to book an appointment, you may be offered an in-person appointment at one of our surgeries e.g. for vaccinations, or we may schedule a telephone/video consultation appointment for the vet to assess the problem. If your vet then schedules an in-person appointment within 24- hours the cost of your video/phone consult will be deducted from this.
What to expect if you book an in-person consultation at one of our surgeries –
- When you arrive for your appointment and are parked up please contact the team on the relevant number below: –
- Ripon: 01765 602396 or text to 07801 321225
- Northallerton: 01609 622009
- Easingwold: 01347 821377
- Pateley Bridge: 01423 712080
- Expect to wait in/by your car while your pet is taken inside by a member of our team.
- Please bring your mobile phone with you & ensure it is charged up as the vet will be contacting you from the consult room when they have examined your pet.
- It makes it easier if we can use PetsApp to communicate with you – ask us how to download this if you haven’t already done so. Or from a smartphone or tablet click on the following link which will take you to the AppStore for you to download PetsApp. Then install and add your pet’s details https://petsapp.com/bishopton-vets-ripon
- For lameness or behaviour issues consider sending us some video footage beforehand ideally by PetsApp.
What to expect if you book a video/telephone consultation: –
- You will be allocated an appointment time and date which we will stick to as close as we can.
- Please have with you the appropriate device, charged and with adequate signal and ringtone on!
- PetsApp makes remote consultations work much more smoothly so ask how to download it if you haven’t already done so or from a mobile or tablet click on the following link https://petsapp.com/bishopton-vets-ripon
- For video calls please have your pet in the room with you.
- Video footage or photos can be sent before your appointment (ideally via PetsApp or email) and can be really helpful.
Parasite control – now non-essential shops are open; we are able to offer collections of flea/tick/worm products from our surgeries. Please order them first, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via PetsApp. If you prefer us to post them, of course we can still do this and the postal charge will be added to your account.
Dog Grooming – sadly our Grooming Studio is no longer operating.
Please be patient when phoning or visiting us during this extremely difficult period. Our staff are working incredibly hard in very difficult conditions to look after everyone’s much loved pets.
Thank you for your consideration and support at this challenging time.