COVID-19 NOVEMBER UPDATE
With the second national lockdown starting on Thursday 5th November we wanted to reassure you that we will provide as normal a service as possible for you and your pets. Our Ripon Hospital will be open 24/7 and our branch surgeries will be open their normal opening hours. All urgent cases will receive our usual high standard of care.
We have a duty of social and professional responsibility to reduce the number of visits to the surgeries and so unless things are a clear emergency, we will perform a virtual consultation in the first instance, however if the outcome is that we need to see the patient we will do so without hesitation and if this is within 24-hours the cost of your video/phone consultation will be deducted from your consultation fee. We are also able to dispense medication following a virtual consultation.
Ripon: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 6.00pm, Sat 9.00am – 4.00pm, Sun 10.00am – 3.00pm
Northallerton: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 6.00pm, Sat 9.00am – 12.30pm
Easingwold: Mon – Fri 9.00am – 6.00pm, Sat 9.00am – 12.30pm
Pateley Bridge: Mon – Fri 9.00am – 6.00pm, Sat 9.00am – 12.30pm
Some non-urgent procedures will need to be postponed until December; we will contact you if we need to rearrange your appointment.
Based on the risks of not carrying out certain vaccinations, throughout lockdown we will continue to do the following vaccinations: –
- Puppies, kittens and one-year old cats and dogs.
- Adult pets that have gone over 15 months since their last vaccination.
- Rabbit vaccinations will continue as normal.
Other pets due a vaccination will be temporarily postponed.
Our phone lines have already been incredibly busy so if your query is non-urgent please contact us in the following ways: –
Our fabulous PetsApp can be used for repeat prescriptions, arranging appointments, general queries, information, making payments and virtual consults. If you have not already downloaded PetsApp it is really simple to do. From a smartphone or tablet click on the following link (for your local surgery) which will take you to the AppStore for you to download PetsApp then install and add your pet’s details:
For repeat prescriptions (including flea and worm treatment) please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please state in your email:- your name, pet’s name, medicine required & contact number (essential). Medicines will be available for collection as normal from all surgeries throughout the lockdown period. As with the first lockdown we will be well supplied with medication and do not expect any disruption to supply so please only order what you need.
For non-urgent queries and to book appointments please email your local surgery on the following email address:
- Easingwold clients – email@example.com
- Northallerton clients – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pateley clients – email@example.com
- Ripon clients – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kennel cough vaccinations – please click on the link for important information regarding the KC vaccination. OWNER INFORMATION KENNEL COUGH VACCINATION
What to expect if you book an in-person consultation at one of our surgeries –
- When you arrive for your appointment and are parked up please contact the team on the relevant number below: –
- Ripon: We have a member of staff managing the car park so we can confirm your arrival, give you updates and take payment. If for any reason no one is outside call or text us on 07801 321225
- Northallerton: 01609 622009
- Easingwold: 01347 821377
- Pateley Bridge: 01423 712080
- Expect to wait in/by your car while your pet is taken inside by a member of our team.
- Please bring your mobile phone with you & ensure it is charged up as the vet will be contacting you from the consult room when they have examined your pet.
- It makes it easier if we can use PetsApp to communicate with you – ask us how to download this if you haven’t already done so.
What to expect if you book a video/telephone consultation: –
- You will be allocated an appointment time and date which we will stick to as close as we can.
- Please have with you the appropriate device, charged and with adequate signal and ringtone on!
- PetsApp makes remote consultations work much more smoothly so ask how to download it if you haven’t already done so or from a mobile or tablet click on PetsApp links above.
- For video calls please have your pet in the room with you.
- Video footage or photos can be sent before your appointment (ideally via PetsApp or email) and can be really helpful.
If you want to pay your bill online our bank details are:
Bishopton Veterinary Group LLP
Sort code: 40-47-31
Account number: 34758706
Reference: Your name and post code
Our staff are working incredibly hard in very difficult conditions to look after everyone’s much loved pets. Thank you for your consideration and support at this challenging time.