Helen Lamb one of our registered veterinary nurses and qualified dog training instructor (IMDT) runs our dog training services and puppy classes. All of our training is force free and reward based. Helen is passionate about helping people understand their dogs better. To enhance your training skills and strengthen your relationship with your dog.
1. Puppy Play: Thursdays at 8.15 pm, alternate Saturdays at 10.30 am at Ripon and Wednesdays at 1.30pm at Easingwold.
- This session is for puppies who are 8 – 12 weeks old that have had their first vaccination and are fit and well
- Puppy play is designed to give your puppy introductions to other dogs and people in a controlled and safe manner
- This early stage in their lives is a really special time where correct socialisation and habituation is key to helping your puppy grow into a confident and happy adult dog
- They will be able to explore a varied environment that helps develop motor skills, brain development and confidence
- 45-minute session
- Book per week. £5 per session
2. Basic Puppy Skills: Tuesdays / Thursdays and Saturdays depending on demand
- For puppies 8 – 18 weeks
- Puppies need to have had first vaccine and be fit and well
- Course covers all basics: responding to their names, basic positions, sit, down, stand, self-control exercises, leave and stay, recall and loose lead walking.
- Management and dealing with basic problems, introduction to body language and correct play and teaching a trick!
- Maximum of 4 puppies per class
- 1 hour sessions
- 6 week course for £90
- 15% discount to clients on Perfect Start or Pet Care Plans
3. Amazing adolescents: Tuesday / Thursday evenings depending on demand
- For dogs 5 months – 1 year that have had no previous training. Covers all the basics as in puppies, exercises always tailored to the individual.
- 2 dogs per class
- 6-week course for £90
4. Life skills: Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- 4-week course for £50
- Building on skills learnt previously in a class / outdoor environment
- Outside class
5. Handling Clinics – available on request
- For dogs of any age that are fearful of vets / handling / nail clipping etc
- Our handling clinics aim to improve your dogs confidence with being in the practice and build on teaching them that being handled isn’t so bad! We give you and your dog exercises so they can control and predict what is going to happen to them.
- We also offer ‘hands off’ consultations where possible.
- Initial 4-week training course for £50
6. One to one training – available on request
- Available for all routine training problems
- £35 per hour if session held at BVG or 4 sessions for £130
- £40 per hour for going to a client’s house. (Mileage additional on anything over 10 miles from surgery)
7. Behavioural Consults:
- £90 for initial 2-hour assessment
- Depending on issue will be seen in house
Please contact us to find out more!
We advise you book a space before you even bring your puppy home as spaces are very popular and limited!