Jane Clay is an IMDT qualified dog training instructor and runs our dog training services and puppy training classes along with Nicky Smith. The team are passionate about helping people understand their dogs better. The aim of our classes is to enhance your training skills and strengthen your relationship with your dog. All of our training is force free and reward based.
1. Puppy Training: Thursdays at 6.30pm, 7.30pm and 8.30pm at Jerry Green at Catton, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 4SG. Our next start date is Thursday 9th January.
- For puppies 8 – 20 weeks
- Puppies need to have had first vaccine and be fit and well
- Course covers all basics: responding to their names, basic positions, sit, down, stand, self-control exercises, leave and stay, recall and loose lead walking.
- Management and dealing with basic problems, introduction to body language and correct play and teaching a trick!
- Maximum of 6 puppies per class
- 50 minute sessions
- 6 week course for £90
- Payment is required in advance
2. Puppy Socialisation:
Ripon – Mondays at 8.00pm with Gill Panton.
Easingwold – Tuesdays at 10.00am with Rob Hayden
- This session is for puppies who are 8 – 12 weeks old that have had their first vaccination and are fit and well
- Puppy socialisation is designed to give your puppy introductions to other dogs and people in a controlled and safe manner
- This early stage in their lives is a really special time where correct socialisation and habituation is key to helping your puppy grow into a confident and happy adult dog
- They will be able to explore a varied environment that helps develop motor skills, brain development and confidence
- 45-minute session
- Book per week. £7 per session.
To book in for either puppy training or puppy socialisation please contact your local branch or email firstname.lastname@example.org