COVID-19 – Coronavirus…
As everyone is aware after yesterdays’ government announcement, the current public health status of the UK is a rapidly developing situation. Social isolation and distancing are being insisted upon to minimise spread of the virus, particularly within vulnerable groups.
It is our intention to continue to provide veterinary services to our clients and patients during the coming weeks and months. However, at the same time we need to keep our staff healthy and as safe as possible, so we will be following a few specific policies until further notice:
– If clients are unwell, vulnerable or self-isolating, we ask that they please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make appropriate arrangements to treat your horse as safely as possible. We will always attend horses in need of emergency care on welfare grounds, but we must ensure we follow current government guidelines on social contact and non-essential travel.
– We will continue to provide routine care where possible to clients, but we would ask you to please understand that in the case of staff shortages and where there is a health risk, we may need to delay non-essential work and prioritise emergencies.
– As far as we can, all non-essential social contact between staff and clients will be kept to a minimum.
– All patients coming to the surgery will be dealt with in the car park and no clients will be allowed in the office until further notice. Please stay by your lorry or present yourself at the office door and wait for a staff member to assist you.
– As a practice we will monitor the health of our staff and follow the Government guidelines regarding isolation protocols to minimise the risk to staff and clients.
Stay well everyone.